We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
941 Route 37 West #2
Toms River, NJ 08755
Phone: (732) 281-2473
Fax: (732) 281-2474
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Project FeederWatch ends this month, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Plan a trip to Hawk Mountain for Spring Hawkwatch. Peak viewing is mid- to late-April.
• Pond turtles emerge from hibernation and bask in the sun.
• Purple Martin adults begin to arrive.
• Spring wildflowers in peak bloom.
• White-throated Sparrows begin calling.
• South winds bring major waves of migrating birds.
• Dragonflies emerge.
• Woodcocks continue their “sky dance” courtship flights.
• Flickers are establishing their territories.
• Hummingbirds arrive; be sure to have their feeders ready.
• American Toads begin calling.
• Deer begin to grow antlers.
• Canada Geese are nesting and their first young hatch.
• Maples, Redbud, Spicebush, Serviceberry and Dogwood in bloom.
• Lyrids meteor shower, late-April.
• Earth Day, April 22.