We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
941 Route 37 West #2
Toms River, NJ 08755
Phone: (732) 281-2473
Fax: (732) 281-2474
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Look for Cedar Waxwing pairs to pass a flower petal or insect back and forth as a courtship behavior.
• Red Knots feast on Horseshoe Crab eggs in Delaware Bay in preparation for a non-stop journey to their arctic breeding grounds.
• Young rabbits, Gray Squirrels and other small mammals are leaving their nests - Drive carefully.
• Monarch Butterflies have arrived and are laying eggs on milkweed plants.
• The Princess Tree blooms with large clusters of pale purple flowers. Although invasive, it's very pretty.
• Peak of warbler migration happens early in month.
• Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Nighthawks, Wood Thrushes, Veerys and Chimney Swifts return.
• Sub-adult Purple Martins return to establish new colonies early in month.
• Peak of bird courtship. Listen for the morning chorus.
• Orioles return and begin nesting.
• Chickadees and titmice become scarce at feeders as they nest and raise their young.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.